This course is not funded by Department for Education grants.
The Designated Governor for Mental Health and Wellbeing is a governor who works with the Designated Mental Health Lead to oversee and monitor mental health and wellbeing provision across a school or college. The Designated Mental Health Lead is a senior leader in a school or college who coordinates and monitors mental health and wellbeing provision, working with other senior leaders (such as the leadership team, safeguarding lead, SENDCO and PSHE Leads). This is a non-statutory role introduced by the Department for Education from 2021.
This course is designed for newly appointed Designated Governors to help them understand the Department for Education expectations, what they could monitor and how they can support the Designated Mental Health Lead.
A three-hour training course designed to provide an overview of the types of activities that a Designated Governor may be asked to monitor. Training therefore introduces the coverage of the role and some of the data that they may be asked to monitor:
- Attendance or other data to establish patterns;
- Data on the mental health needs of all pupils or populations within them;
- Monitoring the outcomes of mental health interventions;
- Monitoring the demographics of pupils referred for social, emotional or mental health interventions;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of provision;
- Monitoring the wellbeing of staff.
The role differs depending on the circumstances and it is useful to attend training with an understanding of what your situation is.
The course modules are based on the modules identified by the Department for Education:
- About the Role
- Ethos and Culture
- Leadership and Management
- Pupil Voice
- Parents, Carers and Community
- Staff Development
- Monitoring the Impact of Interventions
- Targeted Approach
- Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
This course costs £145
This course is available as a pre-recorded course (available from February 2024)
The next Live Online Course will run 13th May 2024 2-5pm please book your place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org